African Youth Leadership Award
We are pleased to announce the opening of nominations for the 2020 GYN African Youth Leadership Awards, to recognize innovative change makers from around the world via our website.
The honors will be used to acknowledge, encourage, celebrate and authenticate the success and vitality of some astute young leaders by giving them the opportunity to gain valuable exposure and well-deserved recognition for their national and global ambitions and excellence.
Many outstanding young Africans continue to show resilience and are dedicated to solving global issues through local community action. They take an active role in their community whilst embodying the values of being responsible global citizens of the world to make our planet more equal, fair and sustainable.
The African Youth Leadership Award, an online flagship initiative of the Global Youth Network is aligned to the UN Sustainable Development Goals in driving issues in support of action to protect the planet and ensure that all people enjoy peace and prosperity.
Nominations are reviewed by an independent jury panel composed of leaders from the business community and civil society, who have demonstrated a commitment to youth development and leadership.
Selection Process and Timelines
– Opening of Public Nomination: February, 2020
– Screening & Shortlisting: March, 2020
-Announcement of Shortlisted Finalists: March, 2020
– Public Voting: March – April, 2020
– Announcement of Winners: 7th May, 2020.
- Must be an African
- Aged between 18 and 40 years
- Articulated a new and hopeful vision for the future and helped others find their role in bringing it to life
- Champions a new and/or creative ways to tackle a longstanding issue in their community; or country
- Student Leader Award
- Outstanding Youth Organisation
- Youth Gathering / Event
- Young Entrepreneur Award
- Humanitarian Award
- Leadership in Mentorship Award
- Women in Leadership Award
- Youth Leader in Governance and Politics
- Emerging Leader Award
- Innovator Award.
- SDG Advocacy
- Climate Change & Environmental Sustainability
- Education and Learning
- Health and Well-being
- Gender and Diversity
Do you know someone who qualifies?