Position title: Country Director / Deputy Country Director
Organization: Global Youth Network (GYN)
Duration: 1 year term (renewable based on performance )
Job type: Voluntary Service (VS) Part-Time
Global Youth Network is an international non-profit youth organization that seeks to empower young people to take action through community and international service to create sustainable solutions to local and global challenges, connect with the global community to expand professional networks, exchange ideas with leaders, and cultivate lifelong friendship around the world, develop skills to become community and global leaders.
The Country Director is the most senior representative of the organization in the country. They will initiate and lead the development and execution of the country-based program to address the challenges of youth development facing the country while establishing and expanding the profile of GYN.
He/She will work closely with leadership to leverage resources and expertise of other stakeholders – employers, educators and youth leaders – and be accountable for the delivery of results.
Responsibilities of the Country Director
- To establish and manage the Global Youth Network presence in their various countries.
- Cultivate and manage stakeholder relationships (government, private sector, and others) in the country and represent the views and interests of GYN in the country.
- Initiate and direct programs in line with the GYN guidelines to ensure a sustainable presence in the country.
- Represent your home country at GYN international events
- Establish country relationships, contacts, systems, processes and procedures.
This position requires an individual with strong leadership abilities; representational, communication skills, ability to develop networks to build partnerships and diversify program resources. Eligibilities include:
- Should be a resident citizen of the country applying for
- Demonstrated progressive experience working in partnership with relevant country-based organizations and stakeholders.
- Strong oral and written communication, organizational, demonstrated supervisory and interpersonal skills.
- Be between the age of 18 and 35 years
- Proven experience effectively engaging with high-level government officials, key partners, media, business leaders and other influential personalities.
Eligible Countries: Algeria, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Comoros, Congo, Central African Republic, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ghana, Lesotho, Libya, Madagascar, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Senegal, Seychelles, São Tomé and Principe, South Sudan, Togo. Tunisia
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.