Become a Web Developer
Web Design for Everybody: Basics of Web Development
Learn to Design and Create Websites using WordPress
Have you ever wanted to build a professional looking website, but didn’t know where to start? Now you can.
The web is a very big place, and if you are the typical internet user, you probably visit several websites every day, whether for business, entertainment or education. But have you ever wondered how these websites actually work? How are they built? How do browsers, computers, and mobile devices interact with the web? What skills are necessary to build a website? With almost 1 billion websites now on the internet, the answers to these questions could be your first step toward a better understanding of the internet and developing a new set of internet skills.
About this Course
This course is designed to start you on a path toward web development and design, no matter how little experience or technical knowledge you currently have.
This class teaches you all of the essential concepts and knowledge you need to get started with WordPress.
What you’ll learn
- This course will teach anyone to build a functional, beautiful, responsive website with WordPress.
- Understand the main features of WordPress
- Create pages and posts, and most importantly, know the difference between the two.
- Create custom menus and navigation systems that both visitors and search engines will find useful.
- Correctly use post categories and tags, and understand why these can cause you problems at the search engines if used incorrectly.
- Know how to configure WordPress for best results
- Understand plugins & themes and how to find/install them
- Protect their WordPress website from hackers and spammers
- Create a static homepage useful for most websites, or a blog like homepage useful for bloggers.
- Create an affiliate site for passive, recurring income
- Introduction to WordPress
- Customizing your Site
- Creating Content in the Block Editor
- Structuring Your Site
- Managing a WordPress Site
- WordPress SEO
- Digital Media and Entrepreneurship
Who is this course/training intended for?
- WordPress for Beginners is a complete course for anyone, no matter what your technical ability. This course assumes no prior knowledge!
- This course is for you if you want to build a website, whether for personal or business purposes.
- If you want to learn to master WordPress without getting bogged down with technical jargon.
- This course is perfect for you if you are taking over an existing WordPress website, or want to build one from scratch, but don’t know where to start.
- This course is for anyone that wants to be the WordPress go-to person
- If you own a personal or business blog and want to mnanage it without hustle
Why Learn WordPress?
WordPress is the world’s most popular open-source content management system. That’s a fancy way of saying that it allows you to create any type of website.
If you learn WordPress, you’ll be able to quickly and successfully build a wide range of websites, and you can do it at a very competitive price.
No coding needed!
Earn a Certificate
When you finish every course and complete the hands-on project, you’ll earn a Certificate that you can share with prospective employers and your professional network.
After this course, what next?
With technical skills from this training, web designers and developers are attractive to employers both in and out of the IT sector; in the following capacities
- SEO Specialist
- Web content manager
- Web designer
- Web developer
- Information systems manager
How does this work?
- Starting date: July, 2020
- Duration: 4 weeks
- 2 sessions each week.
- Each session lasts 2 hours
- Language: English
- Medium: Zoom
What you need
Desktop, laptop, or tablet
Registration fee: $100
Covers the cost of registration, tuition, certificate, and a sub domain to be used for the training period and 2 weeks beyond.
20% Discount available for Global Youth Network members.
[If you’re a GYN member, enter your code in the registration form below]
- Real-time, live interactive course
- Tutor support 24/7
- Value for money
- Learn from home
- No tutorial downloads needed
- Shared screen for tutor support